Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my tiel's love going in the shower :D just curious if anyone else's tiel likes to go in the shower.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Baby LOVES it! She loves rain(see my sig) and the shower...(don't laugh but sometimes if I don't have to wash my hair she sits on head..lol)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Both mine love it too!! :D They sit on the shampoo rack while i wash my hair and then i let them go nuts under the spray.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both mine love it too!! :D They sit on the shampoo rack while i was my hair and then i let them go nuts under the spray.
thats where mine sit when i wash my hair...hehe :p

Baby LOVES it! She loves rain(see my sig) and the shower...(don't laugh but sometimes if I don't have to wash my hair she sits on head..lol)
Georgie loves to sit on my head in the shower...lol

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
I want to try and see if Spike likes the shower. I got a shower perch. Do you introduce them slow or do they just go in because you are in there and it must be safe?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to try and see if Spike likes the shower. I got a shower perch. Do you introduce them slow or do they just go in because you are in there and it must be safe?
I just took mine right in with me...lol and never had a problem they both love the shower, georgie likes to sit right on you in the shower, Ollie I find he likes to sit on the shampoo rack and sometimes they just like to sit on top of the shower curtains

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I just took mine right in too. Just make sure the water pressure is not high and the temp is good.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I didn't introduce them gradually either. Make sure you don't put them fully under the spray and that the spray isn't too hard/hot. I get them in a bathy mood by splashing water at them while they're on the shampoo rack. Then i put them a bit closer so they're getting spray bouncing of my shoulders and stuff. I make sure their head never goes under the full spray of the shower.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I make sure their head never goes under the full spray of the shower.
Good point Bea. I'm always careful about wetting her head. (scared of ear infections and such)
Just start small and then you can spray their belly a little , their back..etc..

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't introduce them gradually either. Make sure you don't put them fully under the spray and that the spray isn't too hard/hot. I get them in a bathy mood by splashing water at them while they're on the shampoo rack. Then i put them a bit closer so they're getting spray bouncing of my shoulders and stuff. I make sure their head never goes under the full spray of the shower.
I do the exact same thing :D Ollie likes to stay on the shampoo rack so I just splash little bits of water on him :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i missed this thread. Yes i take mine to sometimes. I havn't taken them for one in a while now though because its hard because they have no were to perch. Maybe i'll try tonight. Maybe i'll get some more wet tiel pics.
how about on top of the shower curtain rod, mine like to go there as well :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I've seen shampoo racks that suction cup to the shower walls. That would make a great bird perch if you don't want to pay the crazy prices for an actual shower perch.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I've seen shampoo racks that suction cup to the shower walls. That would make a great bird perch if you don't want to pay the crazy prices for an actual shower perch.
That's a good idea. Those prices are crazy. Mine perches on the towel rack right outside the shower and I bring her in whenever she wants.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts