Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo! First of all I am so excited to find this great forum. I have been browsing all day reading and learning(I am a new Tiel Mommy)

I hope that I'm doing everything right.

I was wondering if anyone has one of those pop up portable playpens for their birds, I just purchased one from Ebay and am looking forward to bringing Buddy outside with me while I garden. Don't worry!! He'll have water, food and shade plus plenty of toys.
But this way I know he's safe from predators! We live in the country.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That sounds cool! I haven't heard of those, but I have heard of Pak O Bird and travel cages.

I think it sounds like a good idea and you're taking all the right precautions with him. I would just check to make sure what material the playpen is made out of. If it doesn't have stainless steel chain links if it has netting material then your 'tiel can possibly chew through it. I would always check to make sure he hasn't started nibbling a hole in it so he doesn't escape.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, not yet. Where can I get one of these?
I was going to put him in it inside and carry it out after. It is totally enclosed, with mesh, so he can't get out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will absolutely check it all out, and when he's in it, I will never leave him. I just want him to feel freer and be able to play and walk in it as well.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the group!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts