Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have just bought a bigger cage for my new boy I have had 3 days cos the one I had was too small my question is the size of the bowls they are really deep like 7cm is this too deep for a teil I am worried he won't be able to get to the food and water unless I fill in to the top every time if they are no good can anyone recommend a good feeding bowl or bottle if they are better maybe, I am experienced with a cockatoo years ago but this is the first time I have had a tiel

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum!

My 'tiels have no problems getting at their food and water in deep bowls. Most of the bowls I have are stainless steel and are quite deep. If you notice he is having trouble perhaps get him some smaller dishes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great thanks he is drinking and splash the water on his head from the deep bowl and can get the food I have filled it a bit more for him to do so

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry quick one do you recommend a water bottle instead of water in a bowl to cut the risk of him pooing in the bowl

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
If you are worried about him pooping in his water, try using a smaller dish. I've never tried using a water bottle, the issue with that is if they can't figure out how to use it. You could try giving him one and monitoring him to see if he is using it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.