Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have 3 cockatiels Two of them are always together but the last one I got doesn't fit in with them She is the youngest I got her last Should I get another cockatiel They are all females

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
It's totally up to you. Is your third one bonded to you? Personally I think having an even number works better for flock dynamics, but there's no reason why three wouldn't work out either. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have 3 cockatiels and have been considering getting another for a little while. Two of mine are a bonded pair, so the other is often left on her own! As a result she has bonded to me, but I do wonder whether getting another tiel would be better for her and the flock overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hmm that is a tricky problem. I would say if the third is bonded to you it should be left like that unless you can't be there that often for it. A fourth would work out fine if you weren't home as much as you think your 'tiel needs you.

Plus, if you get a super game 4th one than you will just have 2 bonded to you, but give each other company. And you third Cockatiel now that is the outcast will always love you even if you got another. I couldn't see anything wrong with that.. Anyways that's my thoughts. Give you 'teils my love!

~Skye

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Three is always a crowd. I started off with four for that specific reason. Even then, I had three males and one female (not on purpose mind you) and one of the males was STILL jealous because the hen didn't bond with him. I would say that if you can handle four, a fourth wouldn't hurt, but I would definitely recommend another hen to keep things even.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts