Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My three year old Bella has laid her first egg! She was screeching a lot and desperate to get into a little dark shelving area so we thought it'd be good for her to have a nest with some dummy eggs we provided but she laid anyway!

I've read that there's a good chance that there are more eggs to come, so should I not discourage her by blocking off her nest? I've also read that once the clutch is laid the tiel should be left to sit on them for 20-30 days, though once that time is up should I just remove the eggs or will she lose interest on her own? Any advice is appreciated! Very nervous 😥

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
My 3 year old tiel has also recently started laying! she has no nest and just lays on a little table/shelf like perch in her cage. sometimes she'll even lay an egg from her perch and it will drop straight to the bottom of her cage. I also have another 4 year old cockatiel and she has never laid a single egg! so it worried me when my 3 yr old started laying - especially because when she does lay, she shakes viciously and am very concerned about her! i have caught her trembling like this twice now! is this normal?
i tried switching up their food and leaving her eggs in the cage but she seems disinterested in them after she has laid... i am worried and am not sure if this behaviour is normal?
any help would be greatly appreciated :) because im so nervous and concerned... thank you! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts