Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna say this once now so Read carefully I am sick of people not Reading my threads properly and then Accusing me of saying things I never said just because they didnt read my post properly.And if you are one of those people im talking about stay off my threads in future and Nobody bother commenting on this thread if you have nothing good to say.And another thing is people being stupid just because in my last thread I said Rocko would never fly away from me and someone im not gonna say names said No matter how much he loves you he can still get spooked and fly away like obviously I know that and I wouldnt risk bringing him out without a harness.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
When you post on a PUBLIC forum you open yourself up to debate. Not all people are going to agree with you and you won't agree with everything others say. That's life and your always going to have people who disagree whether you are right or not. Arguing and being rude to anyone who disagrees with you is not the way to react!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you post on a PUBLIC forum you open yourself up to debate. Not all people are going to agree with you and you won't agree with everything others say. That's life and your always going to have people who disagree whether you are right or not. Arguing and being rude to anyone who disagrees with you is not the way to react!
See thats my point you didnt read my post properly I never said anything about being right or wrong.I know not everybody will agree with me but I never said that so there u go accusing me of things I never said u just proved my point.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I agree with ParrotletsRock.

Reactions: ParrotletsRock

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
See thats my point you didnt read my post properly I never said anything about being right or wrong.I know not everybody will agree with me but I never said that so there u go accusing me of things I never said u just proved my point.
I never accused you of saying anything. I never said you said you were right or wrong, what I said is not everyone will agree with you no matter if you are right or wrong, maybe you should reread what I wrote.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Your inability to admit to being wrong is what gets you into trouble here. It's fine to not know everything and not always be right. Learning from one another is the point of this forum. Being able to say "sorry, I was wrong" and move on is a valuable skill.

Getting defensive (and making threads like this) just distracts from the point of this forum, which is the good of our birds. Nobody here is interested in being mean to you; we are all trying to do what's best for the 'tiels.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok, I know that I'm new on this forum, but ...

First of: It's hard to read and make sense of your posts when you don't use punctuation. If your posts had grammar, they might be easier for people to read, and as a result, you might end up feeling less misunderstood.
Second: I get that you're a kid, and should be given some slack 'cause of that, but you should also try to absorb some of the answers you get. Also, the slack given has a limit, if you don't practice common decency in YOUR posts, how on earth can you expect others to do the same.
Third: If you want to dictate who can write what where, then you might be better of with a blog, where you can delete whichever answers that doesn't suit you.

This is, as ParrotletsRock points out, a public forum, the very point of public forums that basically anyone can register and write. Once a thread is started, the individual loses ownership of it, and the forum as a whole take over. Nobody can start a tread, and then demand what answers to get or not get.
And as a general rule when using a forum: Occasionally you WILL get misunderstood, and you WILL misunderstand others. And that is not the end of the world. The key is to stay calm and just explain yourself again, with other words, instead of throwing a tantrum.
I have been reading up on many of the threads on the forum, and in my opinion you are often very rude to anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with you. Maybe if you tried being polite, other users might stay polite too.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im nice to everyone on this forum except one person who I just dont like and I dont have to change for any of you I never said I didnt agree with anything.This is a forum for cockatiels so would u stop posting on this thread I didnt want any posts on it and dont think about saying anything like dont be making threads if u dont want anybody posting on it.I dont care if u think im rude I know who I am and thats all that matters.And yeah im a kid but im a smart kid and not all Adults are smart.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
You don't have to like me, but you do have to be civil to me if you want to keep using this forum. That's part of the terms we all agree to when we join.

BTW, excellent point, this thread should be in the Off Topic forum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im nice to everyone on this forum except one person who I just dont like and I dont have to change for any of you I never said I didnt agree with anything.This is a forum for cockatiels so would u stop posting on this thread I didnt want any posts on it and dont think about saying anything like dont be making threads if u dont want anybody posting on it.I dont care if u think im rude I know who I am and thats all that matters.And yeah im a kid but im a smart kid and not all Adults are smart.
Since you want to pick on the details: This is not a forum for cockatiels, it's a forum for cockatiel owners. :cool:

And again: You no longer own this thread. You lost ownership the moment you posted it. Now the forum owns it, and as a result, you can't dictate or deny any answers in it.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't have to like me, but you do have to be civil to me if you want to keep using this forum. That's part of the terms we all agree to when we join.

BTW, excellent point, this thread should be in the Off Topic forum.
How about ill start making my threads more clear for you to read and you read my posts carefully and ill try to keep my threads in the right order.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Sure, sounds good, if you cut the rudeness as well. Like I said, I have no interest in fighting with anyone. I would much rather use the limited time I have to spend here on helping people with their birds. :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure, sounds good, if you cut the rudeness as well. Like I said, I have no interest in fighting with anyone. I would much rather use the limited time I have to spend here on helping people with their birds. :)
Ill try but I cant help it when people annoy me and a Ipad that was keep freezing earlier today added to that and made be even more annoyed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just a friendly tip as I'm pretty new to this forum. I always search for threads regarding my concern or query regarding my birds before I start one. If folks are already chatting about the exact thing I need to know I just post in that thread. x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts