Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is thier 3rd time trying to start a new clutch 1st try was fail laid 6 eggs were all fertile but they dont know how to take care of them
Second time laid 4 eggs could take 2 of them and put them with the other couple's eggs and left 2 for them I said maybe they will sit on them
But unfortunately failed to hatch
But the other 2 hatched pretty good
Now I can see they are trying to lay eggs again 馃槥
Daddy is not really good helper he follows his lady if she inter the nest he follow her if she gets out he gets out too so he is not interested in sitting on eggs he just want to be with his mate
I dont know what to do this time I guess I will remove the nest box if they fail to sit on eggs again
Do you think this problem will be forever!!

Registered
How old are your 'tiels? You could try removing the nest box for a few weeks, give them a break, and then reintroduce the box.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thank you for your reply. They are about 15 months old and I'm waiting for the last egg they have embryo still moving inside but the egg is left cold most of the time

Registered
15 months is pretty young, and they may not be mature enough yet to be good parents. It's best to get them out of breeding mode ASAP and wait for them to be older before you let them try again. Here's some information on hormone control: https://www.talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=32330

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately they layed eggs before the last egg hatch I took thier new eggs and put them in another couple's nest box

1 - 5 of 5 Posts