Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IVE JUST BROUGHT A BABY WHITE FACE :DCOCKATIEL LOOKS JUST LIKE BEAS COOKIE (BEAUTIFUL BIRDS BEA) GOT A LOVERLY CAGE FOR HER A COUPLE OF OTHER TIELS SID NANCY AND COLA SHES GOT EVERYTHING BUT A NAME(I THINK SHE IS A SHE) ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS :confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i left it on caps after loggin in ill set the camera up ive never has this with the other birds but is it normal for cola to be prenning the back of her head and her feathers?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Have you put her with your other birds already? There should be a 30 day quarantine, oh well, too late now, you will just have to watch all of them for any signs of illness. I would say if they are preening each other then they have pretty much made friends. I'm no expert, maybe somebody else will be able to answer that one a bit better than I can. It will be good to see photos.

·
Registered
598 Posts
IVE JUST BROUGHT A BABY WHITE FACE :DCOCKATIEL LOOKS JUST LIKE BEAS COOKIE (BEAUTIFUL BIRDS BEA) GOT A LOVERLY CAGE FOR HER A COUPLE OF OTHER TIELS SID NANCY AND COLA SHES GOT EVERYTHING BUT A NAME(I THINK SHE IS A SHE) ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS :confused:
I like these names:
Rainbow, Oreo, Angel, Sprite (to go with Cola)

Just a few off the top of my head

Duckie :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
i havent put her with the others but they were climbing all over her cage and cola was doing it through the bars i forgot to shut there cage as i never do anyway there free to come in and out as they please and if i do shut it they open it. i feel like a plum for not shutting it but its just a habbit. trying to find batteries for the camera

i love the name oreo(my kids love them especially the little ones) and sprite seing as its cola that taken a likeing to her

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Congrats on your new tiel :D Plukie is right there shoud be a 30 day quarantine away from your other birds there should be no contact at all to make sure there carrying no illnesses that can be spread, I am not very good at picking names so I am not much help there.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill just keep my fingers crossed everything is ok she is on the other side of room 17ft by 14ft ive got no other space in any of the rooms anymore as i did keep sid and nancy in another room for a month before introduceing them to cola the noise was awfull but as soon as they went together its never been so quite it was like thay had always been together but i just forgot to close there cage today after putting her in there ive got to stop calling her her.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Just keep an eye on them all, especially the new one for illness. Since there was no quarentine. For names I just had an oreo ice cream sandwich, so I say her name should be Oreo :p

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if i get ten votes for oreo i think thats what ill call her i really like that name and i think it will be funny if we have all had a say in her name:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i no this might sound silly but can i ask what an oreo ice cream sandwich is i only no what the biscuits are and the mini ones:)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
An oreo ice cream sandwich looks like a big round oreo cookie with ice cream in the middle :D as far as the name I think if you like it thats all that matters you should name it that, for me I am not big on the name when I think of Oreo I think of black and white like the cookie :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I LOVE the name Oreo (and the biscuits Oreos)! :thumbu: Looking forward to seeing pics of him/her!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im just stuck for a name i like orio but i think ill post a pic of her on hear tommorrow and let people give me some ideas. im terrible for names my second son went 6 weeks without a name how bad is that:blush:

·
Registered
581 Posts
it will be funny if she is called Oreo, especially being that she looks like Cookie :p
and if it turns out to be a male, it will be black and white (of sorts)

like my Onyx!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts