Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm worried about the level of noise my boys make as my neighbour is easily angered let's say and she keeps banging on the wall. Is there a limit to noise levels from birds where it becomes illegal? They are quiet from 7:30pm until gone 7 in the morning. Does anyone else have problems with neighbours and please any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
The only noise laws I know of are about music after 10pm. None that I know of about animals. She can complain to the landlord though. Is he screaming? I would move his cage away from the adjoining wall to her and try to get him to calm down, play some music, put the tv on. My birds were only loud during certain times of the day. If it gets to be too much you can cover his cage for a couple minutes to calm him down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My two cockatiels screaming in the morning and afternoon. Also when I come home from work and school they scream also just to greet me

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They just talk and whistle but the walls are very thin. It's more Draco than Max but poor Max doesn't seem to get a look in because Draco is so vocal. The only time he's quiet is if he's sat with me. Even if I cover him he still whistles away lol. Oh well I guess I'll just leave him to chatter. He's just a talkative little man.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I usually find usefull to stay near them and talk to them softly when there is too much noise...

...even if sometimes Rurik can be heared from the street :rolleyes:...

And my both tiels make a great show when someone go out or enters in the building...

They are noisy birds, but with patience I could make them more softly.

I hope that some of this helps you.

Rara avis.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just think of the wild birds. They scream in the morning and afternoon. My cockatiels do the same. My neighbors don't complain about the noise cause they know they are birds that's what birds do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts