Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many sources of info on tiels will say be warned, they don't know when it's the weekend and will make noise to tell you it's brekky time. :eek: Well today i didn't wake up until 12pm, hehe, and not one of the 5 tiels in my room had any complaining to do. They all stay perfectly quiet until they see that my eyes are open....then it's time for breakfast. :lol:

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
What good tiels :D My Mom gets up and uncovers the birds most days. They sleep in the dining room. When Iam upstairs in my bedroom I can still hear Spike talking. It does not bother me, I could listen to him talk all day :love:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I have heard that to Bea that they will make noise early in the morning to let you know, but I am lucky that way as well I am up early every morning to get the kids off to school and I know they here us but they are quiet as can be and they wait till the kids are gone and I can go uncover them for the day such good little birdies :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Yours do that too! I am not a morning person by any means so my last jobs have been evening/night schedules. I always tend to sleep in if there's nothing pressing to get done and my birds don't make a peep until I'm up. I always thought that was so considerate of them but I never realized others are like that too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am up till all hours of the night clear through till mid morning nap time and most of the birdies sleep at my house except Bailey she cries if I put her to bed and she can still hear me up.. I know I should be strict with a schedual but she sounds so sad.. Besides her litte face is so cute.. If she had lips she would pout. I know I sound like a freak but its true shes really sad:(

·
Registered
613 Posts
what sweet tiels you have Bea. :love:

I am not a morning person (unlike my aunt, when you wake up she'll have taken a shower, gone for a run, and then made a five course meal plus baked bread. lol) but I do like it in the morning once I'm up.

Mine just scream when I don't wake up soon enough. I usually sleep till 11.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
except Bailey she cries if I put her to bed and she can still hear me up.. I know I should be strict with a schedual but she sounds so sad..
You really do have to get her to entertain herself and ignore her crying, otherwise she will become a horrible screamer as she grows up, which is an awful problem to have, and really difficult to corrent. :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
You really do have to get her to entertain herself and ignore her crying, otherwise she will become a horrible screamer as she grows up, which is an awful problem to have, and really difficult to corrent. :p
That is so true. I turned Baby into a screamer when I didn't know better and the hormones weren't helping. Take care of it before you drive yourself up a wall. It took a long time to correct it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts