Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember i mentioned i was buying the tiels this shredder toy?

I also predicted it wouldn't last more than a few days, this is it after just two days with my destructo-tiels!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The toy is now completely dead, it took less than a week. :p I'll reuse the beads and stuff that came off it, and make more toys!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
thats a great idea to reuse your so crafty me I probably would have thrown it out...lol I should show my daughter pic's of your homemade toys she could probably make some she is very crafty as well don't know where she gets it from certainly not me :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hoping i can find some raffia so that i can make my own shredder toys. :p Would certainly be cheaper.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I'm hoping i can find some raffia so that i can make my own shredder toys. :p Would certainly be cheaper.
alright I am going to ask what is raffia, never heard of it :eek: I am assuming its the stuff that the shredder toy is made of ?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the stuff people use to weave baskets and hats and all sorts of crafty things, and yes, it's what the toy is made of. :)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, the quarantine laws are so irritating here! :( I won some shredders in a contest and because of the laws i had to switch them to something else. You would think that such a good type of toy would be available in Australia.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would love to know how to make them! What do they have inside??

Lea has the same toy Bea, so far she just nibbles on the dangly bits!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts