Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i got the tiels the powder coated cage i've been wanting almost since i got their old cage a year ago. :p I'm so much happier with this new one! Even my brother commented how much better it was put together and designed. It's a much, much sturdier cage even though it's essentially the same type. :)

This is what i'm most happy about, the bars on the new one are welded to the frame:

On my old cage there were panels of bars and the panels were welded on it a few spots leaving the frame under the panels almost un-painted and ready to rust!

So that's my opinion of the new cage, yep, i LOVE it! I'm so happy to finally get a cage with no problems!

Now onto the tiels opinion...
Hmmm....did i order the cage with a coat of tiel repellent? ;)

The girls got over it pretty fast, once they saw their toys and perches in there they didn't care that it looked a little different.

Bailee was his usual wussy self though. :p I had to sit in my room with him for about 30-45 mins telling him what a big baby he was being and pointing out that the girls were perfectly fine in the new cage. Eventually i just cupped my hand over him and popped him in the cage on the perch next to Cookie and he looked stunned for a second before noticing some paper that needed chewing, lol!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It looks great....even if Mr. Wuss did take a little time to get used to it! :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Looks great Bea! The coating and welding thing you mentioned is great-my cage is the same way and it still hasn't got a single scratch on it. The video was funny...hehe
Hopefully you can sell back the old cage soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.