Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ollie has decided he wants to be a telephone :D it is amazing how smart these little birds can be and what they pick up in there enviroments I better start watching what I say you never know what might come out of him...hehe :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Hehe!!! :p Ollie is such a fast learner. For ages Bailee's been doing a ringing/cooing type sound which initially made me think of a pigeon, but i was baffled as to how he learnt it. The more i hear him do it the more it makes me think of our phone. ;) I'm pretty sure that's what he's trying to be.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehe!!! :p Ollie is such a fast learner. For ages Bailee's been doing a ringing/cooing type sound which initially made me think of a pigeon, but i was baffled as to how he learnt it. The more i hear him do it the more it makes me think of our phone. ;) I'm pretty sure that's what he's trying to be.
Thats what I thought at first to Bea :D I thought he was imitating some sort of bird but now that he is doing it constantly :eek: I have realized its sounds like the phone ringing he will do it stop for a sec and do it again just like the phone...lol

birdieness no doorbell ringing...lol the phone is enough

Thanks Aly :)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Oh yes!! The constant ringing of the telephone, then the person answering "Hello!" a thousand times a day!! I know that sooooo well. LOL!!

It's brilliant isn't it how they latch on to a noise and make it their own. Dooby has so many noises, whistles, words now and I know we haven't taught him half of the things he says. So be warned.......they DO pick up things. LOL!!! I blame the parents, for their bad language.:D

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hehehe that's adorable! You should record a sound clip of him and let us hear :D
I will try and do that, the camera I was using to take pics and videos for the last few weeks was borrowed from my mother and she took her camera back :( my old digital camera takes video but it doesn't come out well its dark and only takes like 14 sec videos I hate it, I am going to look into getting a better one soon, I am missing some great video over here :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts