Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Albus is always cold, probably due to his PDD. We have a heating blanket on top of his cage right now, and he likes that.

But when I get him out, he starts shaking pretty badly. So my mom said we could get a space heater, but I've read that some are bad for them, and I need that cleared up.

I know that I should stay away from ones with Teflon (like the cooking thing?) but also that some don't tell you it has it on it. What brands/kinds do you are good? Is there anything else I should watch for?

I apologize if this has been discussed before.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh poor little Albus...I have one of those fan heaters in my closet and on some nights when it's cold then I put it on. I'd say any fan heater should be safe, which is basically a heater that blows out warm/hot air (tiel experts out there please advise/confirm this? :) ). As long as it's not one of those heaters with the steel rods that glow orange when turned on (cuz the steel bars on the outside can get really really hot and birds might bump into them by mistake when they are playing and get their feathers burned off....OUCH.....). :)

·
Registered
13,738 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I hear that oil heaters are a good way to go with birds; I'm looking into picking one up in case the furnace or gas go out this winter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up getting this one. it doesn't say anything about Teflon and it's cool to the touch except on the bottom. Does anyone know more about these?

(the fire is fake, there's no fumes. it's just lightbulbs)

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
They are great i had one until my bunny chewed the wire, think it was oldest one who done it that long ago

1 - 6 of 6 Posts