Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At long last I've finally brought home my 2nd cockatiel yesterday :)

I found her on Gumtree, her previous owner has sadly been diagnosed with a terminal illness and so her mother was tasked with rehoming her cockatiel.

She's 10 months old, not great with hands but curious and I guess she is a Lutino of some sort and I think I can see some yellow pearls on her, if anyone could help me out with sussing out her mutation that would be great! She's eating, drinking and playing already!

Not sure what to name her though, with Luma we knew right away so any name suggestions would also be fab :D

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
Beautiful bird! :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Aww, she's cute! Congrats! If you could get a photo of her back, the pearls and any other markings might show up on the camera. :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful new bird! :flowers: I like the name Lily also, but Sunny is a nice name too...
Its great that you were able to rescue her. Maybe she will be better with hands once she is adjusted and knows she can trust you.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
She's stunning. Sad to hear about her previous owner, but it is good to know she is in another good, loving home.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your lovely replys :D

She's settling in well, but she'll need taming as she gets angry when I get too close and when I change her food and water I get some angry hisses. But that's ok :)

We haven't got a massive house so while she is in another room (dining room) from Luma (lounge) they can see each other through a glass door and have been sweetly chirping to each other.

I'll try and get some back photos but it's difficult as she panics when I put my hands in the cage. Also could anyone confirm for me that she is a female? I'm pretty certain she is, her behavior is very similar to Luma and her owner stated she was, but my fiance wants to be sure before we name her :rolleyes:

Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts