Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I half uncovered him this morning he looked like he hadn't moved at all (although I'm pretty sure I heard him moving and I think I heard a seed crack last night) and the paper towel in the bottom of the cage is still snow white.
I'm assuming it's stress. His person died last week and the family had him for a little while before I could take him. His cage is half covered. He's sitting in the highest back corner spot on a perch making mouse noises and playing with the toy that's by him.
I put the food in the little door at the bottom of his cage the way out was in the 'cage' he came in. Should I put it in a cup that I can hang higher by his safe corner? Or maybe tempt him with some millet? Or just give him more time... it's been about 12 hours but they were overnight...
Update: he just wolf whistled at the birds outside...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
A lot of people don't realize it, but for a bird, losing their person is a HUGE deal. So major kudos to you for taking this guy. Do you know if he was a tame bird?

Was there any poop on any of his perches, or anything else in his cage? Is his vent clean?

Edit: If there is no evidence that he has pooped at all in the past 12 hours please take him to a vet

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He just pooped! Thanks lol. I think it's just because he came home at night last night. He was absolutely not tame and is clearly under a lot of stress. I'm thinking I'm gonna give him a millet spray to see if that will get him to eat.
Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts