Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
He's a rescue. His owner died and the family knows nothing of what to do with him. He's beautiful though and while, clearly, very nervous. He's already whistled back to me once and is currently sitting at the back of his quarantine cage playing with a toy and grinding his beak... so I think he'll be ok.
He's clipped, but I've no idea why as he's obviously NEVER been handled before. The cage transfer from the tiny thing he came in (think Petco smallest cage) to his new home was quite interesting. He clearly didn't even have a vague recollection of what step up means. I have one other rescue tiel who was totally tame when I got her and one keet who was totally wild... but he will at least grudgingly let me rescue him when he's stuck in a corner. This guy was like 'No! I got this! I don't need you! Rawr!馃惒'
He's currently nameless... we were tossing around some ideas... Finnegan, Jameson, Luch (means mouse as gailege)... we're still thinking though...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Another picture... crest looks kind of politely curious lol... I've just been sitting next to his cage texting for like an hour...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Registered
the new one

Aw he's cute! I feel bad for the bird when I get a new one. Obviously we have only the best of intentions for them, but they don't know that! I think you're doing the best thing: just sitting near him to help him realize you're not going to eat him! To help him realize you are a friend. Best wishes for you and your new friend! (By the way, I think "Finnegan" is a cute name for him. :) )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts