Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a treat all birdies had this morning. Cooked up some eggs and though i might as well throw one in for my piggies knowing the tiels will eat anything. Choped up their egg and brought mine in the room to eat. After i finished mine without sharing hugs seen his and its a big hit. Then slush jumped in to pig out aswell. Sonic and peek were next on the list to try it. Just waiting on lilly. I got some pitcures which i will post in the picture section later on today.

Remember, if your going to feed eggs no salt or butter or anything. Just normal eggs.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
they can have any type of eggs, as long as no butter/ salt was added and shells are a plus

I found it in the Healthy Parrot cookbook

I gave all mine a hard boiled egg the other day shell and all but only my budgies seemed to go for it they had it gone within minutes of putting the bowl on their play gym

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Mine love egg too and the shell is great as well- I do it hard boiled and chop it all up. Haven't tried with Ziggy yet but the budgies and Baby enjoy it. Just remember, not too often since soft foods like that can help trigger breeding needs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A book I read once said to only give them the yolk..Do they eat the shell? This may be a stupid question but doesn't it teach them that eggs are good to eat?So will they maybe eat their own eggs if they lay ?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
A book I read once said to only give them the yolk..Do they eat the shell? This may be a stupid question but doesn't it teach them that eggs are good to eat?So will they maybe eat their own eggs if they lay ?

It's acctually the egg whites that they shouldn't have too much of. It doesn't teach them eggs are good in the sense of wanting to lay some to eat them..lol...but the availibility of soft breeding foods like egg can trigger the female to want to lay eggs. They do eat the shell and it's very good for them.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I have one of those Magic Bullets ( as seen on T.v. infomericals, its a food processor/blender and more in one little unit) When I gave my birds an Egg i just tossed one hard boiled egg into it Shell and all and crunched it all up, by the time i was done it looked more like I was making egg salad or even deviled eggs( how ya squish the inside of the eggs up to put in the egg) only of course it had shells so we weren't eating it LOL I've only given it to them once so far, because i know Eggs are high in cholesterol ( people shouldn't even eat alot of eggs)

but here is a pic of my budgies enjoying the new found treat on their play gym :D

I couldn't get a pic of the 4 of them eating, and we kept trying to get a pic of Casper (the albino) when she'd bring her head up cause she had "egg on her face" (( no pun intended LOL) but it was cute

1 - 13 of 13 Posts