Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

561 - 580 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
http://carbondale.craigslist.org/pet/4214911543.html

The lovie sounds like a sweetheart, but I don't really know much about lovebirds. I've heard they can be nippy, hormonal, and a little unpredictable at times. It's about 50 miles away, give or take. Any lovebird owners who'd care to educate me?

I know I wanted to wait until the Philippines but I really, really miss having a bird around. :( I never realized how big a role Mavvy had in our home. And now my mom is talking about waiting until spring or summer to go overseas! >.< I thought, as did my dad, it was a sure thing we'd be leaving in January at the latest. Geez, I just don't know what to think anymore.
Since my Grandma has come over from the Philippines, my mom was talking about going to down to Florida in January to visit her before we go overseas. If that's even going to happen. I don't think my mom can make up her mind. -.-

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Just a little random update on the senior bird in the teeny cage I was going to adopt on the last page. I received an email saying the friend of the woman who was bringing him down to see me in San Diego, otherwise a four hour drive round trip, fell in love with him the few days she had him. The owner agreed to let her have him and told me a few days after.

Bit sad but I guess but there's not much I can do about it at this point. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, it means he's in a better home/cage than the one he's had for the past fifteen years. Good luck to him :/

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Oh yes We all hope he is going to have a loving forever home ,in a spacious comfortable cage.These stories break my heart and bring tears to my eyes. X x

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know right! I waws on craiglist and searched "bird" and she came up and my breath was taken away! She is an amazing color! Gosh I wish I could get her, but my parent would kill me!

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
http://denver.craigslist.org/pet/4257759857.html
Look at the coloring on this African Grey! She is so pretty!
If that's not a scam, that bird is probably worth a TON of money. I want to say at least $5 grand, if not more like $10-20. (I've seen red factor greys for sale before and just remember the prices being very high). Hard to imagine the owners not knowing that, and being content to charge an "affordable rehoming fee."

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have the opportunity to rescue an untame 2 yr old GCC that's being given away along with his cage. I talked with my Dad at length about it and he's fine with it, except for the driving distance. It's about an hour away and 100 miles there and back. :c I'd love to rescue, even if just to care for him, tame him, and rehabilitate - then find him a good home. Being free, there's no telling where he may end up right now.
But the distance is the clincher. DX My Dad was all for it too, which surprised me. :c
http://evansville.craigslist.org/pet/4328827709.html
His name is Andy and he can also say his name.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You should do it! One hour each way is nothing! I am so used to driving around Charleston, it takes sometimes half an hour to get to work, LOL!
Would you have enough time for both Missy and Andy though?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I agree, two-hours round trip is nothing. I drove ~8 hours round trip to get Rocko. :p Is your dad opposed to the gas money, or the time taken to drive?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
You should do it! One hour each way is nothing! I am so used to driving around Charleston, it takes sometimes half an hour to get to work, LOL!
Would you have enough time for both Missy and Andy though?
I really want to! GCC's are my second favorite birds!
I have way too much time on my hands right now. XD Missy is so laid back and content to just sit with me, my dog is exercised and worked with throughout the day (depending on the weather), I'll be out of school soon, and I still find myself spending most of the day at home not doing anything.

I agree, two-hours round trip is nothing. I drove ~8 hours round trip to get Rocko. :p Is your dad opposed to the gas money, or the time taken to drive?
The time. :( Otherwise I'd have offered to pay for the gas! :p Heck, thats less time than we spend driving out in the country when my Mom's off! And my Mom's been wanting to go for a drive too...
I've been thinking up ways of bringing it up again to him.

561 - 580 of 613 Posts