Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
So today was a wonderful day because I got to visit my 7 week old cockatiels Cheerio and Chacci (Cheerio will be mine, Chacci my boyfriend's) at our breeder who is about 3 hours away. :) We will most likely be bringing them home in 2 weeks!
We hung out there for about 7 hours but for half the time I was playing with JASPER, the older sibling to ours, thinking it was Cheerio because my breeder got them confused!!!! I was kind of let down and confused because he wasn't very cuddly and acted totally different ,and while I accepted it , I knew something was off. Sure enough, when I pulled up the very first pics from the first visit and examined the sweet quiet bird still in the cage with the one I will holding , I was shocked to realize that my Cheerio was still back in the cage! :O AHH! That freaked me out haha. But after that and I pulled the real Cheerio out I was relieved to have figured that out before the other guy bought my bird!!! I showed my breeder the two and explained the situation so she wouldn't accidentally sell my Cheerio!!
SO!
I have been posting the wrong pics!!!! These are Cheerio!!! :) <3
Oh and he whistled a ton today, so precious!!!!

stickcheerio.jpg
sweetiepiecheerio.jpg
stickcheerioo.jpg
headscritchescheerio.jpg
kissme.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Oops. Bit of a mix up there. Perhaps the breeder should cage them separately so no accidents occur

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The breeder puts the 3 of them together in one cage and I can't tell her to change her methods. It's fine. I can tell the difference now. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the bird is outside.

I know that. We can't go inside the breeder's house so she clips the wings the day of.
It's fine.

·
Registered
493 Posts
He's a beautiful baby and I'm really happy for you :)

I have to say I find the breeder scary though :(
Clipping a baby of that age isn't good, they really should be building up their wing muscles at this age and as I'm sure your aware even clipped birds can get lift and be lost when taken outside :( Why is she risking this? Why won't she let you into the house?
If I didn't already know you loved this little one so much I would be advising you to found a more responsible breeder.
Sorry, I'm not intending to be rude, maybe this is normal where you live? It wouldn't happen here in the UK though, or at least I don't think it would!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Clipping a baby of that age isn't good, they really should be building up their wing muscles at this age and as I'm sure your aware even clipped birds can get lift and be lost when taken outside :( Why is she risking this? Why won't she let you into the house?
If I didn't already know you loved this little one so much I would be advising you to found a more responsible breeder.
Sorry, I'm not intending to be rude, maybe this is normal where you live? It wouldn't happen here in the UK though, or at least I don't think it would!
Thank you!! :)
Yes...She is kind of old and sweet and naive... Yeah she does some things that are questionable or different but I am getting them in two weeks and already decided I will not be trimming their wings, so I think they will be fine. She has brought all her birds outside for me to see and they are all very beautiful and sweet and tame. She has also showed me pics of her cage and they are big and clean and she would not give me the birds without seeing pics of the cage I am getting and getting to know me first. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
HE'S SO CUTE!!!! I'm so jealous! Wish I was buying Cheerio! lol

·
Registered
385 Posts

I have been thinking about this while I was cleaning up my kitchen and I really have to agree with this. Your breeder scares me. I am so terrified for you that she is going to mix up these birds and accidentally give your little Cheerio to the wrong person, the fact that you keep saying how elderly she is, is what scares me the most. They are prone to doing such things and I would be absolutely devastated for you if you got the wrong bird. Sending you loads of luck and prayers that you get the right Cheerio in two weeks! <333

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been thinking about this while I was cleaning up my kitchen and I really have to agree with this. Your breeder scares me. I am so terrified for you that she is going to mix up these birds and accidentally give your little Cheerio to the wrong person, the fact that you keep saying how elderly she is, is what scares me the most. They are prone to doing such things and I would be absolutely devastated for you if you got the wrong bird. Sending you loads of luck and prayers that you get the right Cheerio in two weeks! <333
Thanks for the concern! Haha trust me IM CONCERNED TOO! Especially because of yesterday!!!!! :O
It is why I am so eager to finally have him! But dont worry. I know Cheerio and will get him haha.;) I can tell for sure now.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Probably my stupid computer. I'll keep checking the thread. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts