Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fell asleep on the couch and last thing I knew Zoe was in her cage eating (when isn't she? lol) and when I woke up, she was on my arm like an inch from my face.

I jumped a mile! I love that she decided to come and nap with me but omfg.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Lol they love to scare us, I have a sign on the curtain covering my bird room doorway to watch for birds on the floor as I ha a lutino male who loves to wander the floor. I walked in and he was on a cage so went over and was talking to him, next thing I know I feel claws scrabble across my bare foot... Luckily all I did was jump and not kick my other male across the room....lol

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha omg lucky bird. My instant reflex would have been to kick out, i'd probably fling the poor thing into a wall lol D:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hahaha omg lucky bird. My instant reflex would have been to kick out, i'd probably fling the poor thing into a wall lol D:
I know right, my green cheek has done the same thing before, she is usually clipped, she flew to the floor one morning and followed me to the kitchen... Next thing I know she climbs on my foot... Scared the bejesus out of me....lol

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Happens all of the time. Especially if they walk on the carpet and I don't hear them coming. I remember I was home alone and I saw a scary commercial advertising a horror movie. I walked into the bathroom and when I walked out those 2 appeared out of nowhere. Which, wouldn't have been so startling if I wasn't already hyped up. Ugh, creepy boys

·
Registered
162 Posts
The first time Elvis tried to fly was straight past my face really fast! I think they do it on purpose and laugh at us afterwards.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ha! Schubert gave me a scare the other day. I had just watched Jurassic World, so there's a part where they get an employee out of the velociraptor enclosure and a line is spoken "Never turn your back to the raptor cage" and the next camera cut is a velociraptor right up against the cage bars growling at the employee.

The day after, I'm sitting on the couch that is fairly close to Schubert's cage with my back to him and his cage door open. After a bit I figure "gee willikers, the bird is being quiet". I turned my head and he was sitting on his cage floor, right up against the bars nearest to me just STARING.

No more dinosaur movies for the bird, he's too easily influenced by his ancestors apparently, lol!

Edit: I got a snapchat of it that I saved

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
This made me lol my birds tony do this but my son does it to my hubby at like midnight and scares the crap out of him it's too funny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts