Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to use google+ instead of photobucket and trying to find a way to post here the photos I have on google+

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok yes it can be done but it's not as traightforward as with photobucket :(
Such a shame, because Google+ is free, photobucket is not... well, free for a small space and then you have to pay :(

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ok bobobubu how did you do this I have Google + on my cell also and would like to post pics. Of the pets on here to I don't have a computer anymore.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To share through google + you need two passages. first open the pic on the browser, copy the page link, then paste it here adding the IMG prefix and suffix. A pain in the neck, thewandererw, I am trying to find a better way

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
My photobucket is full too, and I refuse to pay, it is ridiculous. Photobucket used to have the option where you pay $2 a month and you can upload unlimited photos, no limit, you just pay $2 a month.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok this is flickr

Hello I am Bubu. by hfxchhik, on Flickr

BBC Code

Very easy to share with BBC code
Upload photos of up to 200MB per photo - good
Upload 1080p HD videos of up to 1GB each - good
Upload and download in full original quality
Unlimited monthly bandwidth

seems too good to be true :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------

imgur

How long do you keep the images?
As long as images are getting at least 1 view per 6 months, they will stick around forever. If an image does not receive even 1 view in 6 months, it may be removed to make room for new images. Images on pro accounts will never be removed.

Not good.

How many images can I upload?
Infinity images can be uploaded from a single user, but only 225 will be associated with a standard account. After 225, older images will be hidden.

Not good

not choosing this one

----------------------------------------------------------------

Imageshack

Fotos are too small

--------------------------------------------------------

Tinypic

nice because it gives all the codes

It is part of photobuclet, plus itt's written nowhere what's the limit on ampunt of space you have for free.
Not for me
------------------------------------------------------

All in all, the best is Flicker IMHO

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok Imight got the hanG of it... But please pleasepleeeaseeeee rOWDY HELPME! I will be your slave for a loooong time, serously

·
Registered
120 Posts
for photohosting, I would suggest imgur.com. It's a really easy to use - and free - image sharer (it was created to host images for reddit.com but has since expanded) with ability to create albums from images on your pc, and to grab images already hosted online into an album too. There's also a public gallery you can submit the images too, if you feel so inclined.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Problem with imgur is that they delete the pictures after a while. I like it and it's easy to use, but I need a service that won't get rid of my photos ever :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Problem with imgur is that they delete the pictures after a while. I like it and it's easy to use, but I need a service that won't get rid of my photos ever :-(

From their FAQ:

How long do you keep the images?
As long as images are getting at least 1 view per 6 months, they will stick around forever. If an image does not receive even 1 view in 6 months, it may be removed to make room for new images. Images on pro accounts will never be removed.
So if the image is still being used, it won't ever disappear. I'd recommend them as an image sharer, as opposed to somewhere to backup images you want to keep. Besides, a pro account is also really cheap - I have one, can't remember exactly how much, but it was a pittance.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Rowdy, she was my sweetheart. I lived in the countryside at the time and she would roam free bringing home bones and sheep skins.... A present for me I guess :-D
I lost her through leishmaniasis, horrible illness. Never wanted another dog after Trudy, she was my love and a true friend.
That was the time when they still cut danes' ears, barbaric but oh boy she looked amazing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts