Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to teach Obi how to copy sounds, but I don't know what their mimicking abilities are. Are there any sounds that they wouldn't be able to do? I'd like to try teaching him stuff like dinosaur sound effects and such, but I don't know if he'd be able to mimic something like a T-Rex roar. He can already do R2D2 noises, but I feel like that would be easier to mimic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How old is Obi? When they're younger, their easier to teach. (You've probably heard that a lot.) As far as known to me, cockatiels don't have good speaking ability, but do better with whistles. I don't know how a T-rex roar would work, but you could buy some sort kiddy T-rex toy with sounds, and constantly play it to him. Is his R2-D2 sound very accurate?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is Obi? When they're younger, their easier to teach. (You've probably heard that a lot.) As far as known to me, cockatiels don't have good speaking ability, but do better with whistles. I don't know how a T-rex roar would work, but you could buy some sort kiddy T-rex toy with sounds, and constantly play it to him. Is his R2-D2 sound very accurate?
He's about two years old. I was planning on downloading sound effects from YouTube and playing them on repeat in Windows Media Player. His R2D2 sounds are pretty accurate. They're not exact, but from what I've seen on YouTube, that's how it usually is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts