Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since my last post [Exciting News], I've seen them mate everyday for the past few days, so it is very promising. I've decided to make a thread dedicated to their breeding, and if successful, share it with all of you.

Here are some pictures of the lovely couple:

Tayba, Female. Whiteface Cinnamon Pied.

Bungie, Male. Grey split Lutino. [Hoping for WF and Pied too!]

I will try and keep you updated every day. And if Babies arrive, get ready to explode with the amount of pictures I'll post! :D

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's getting closer guys! I am very exciting. Their cage is right behind me while I am on the computer, so I can hear them. So while I have been down here, they've been mating at least 3 times a day that I know of.

They are mating right now. :love:

And Tayba has also started munching on her cuddlebone. She must be using up some calcium - I guess we'll see soon!

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They will be very protective over their nest, but don't take the hissing as they don't like you. They would protect there nest in the wild aswell! :D Aww! It is cute!! BABIES!!! :love:
Yep. I was waiting for the hissing from her. Tayba's poops are getting a bit larger as well. I have been looking at her very closely. I am jumping with excitment! I have bred many times before, but the joy never dies for me. :D

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am kinda confused. Tayba never goes into the nestbox - you think she would now thats hes suppost to lay soon? I havn't seen her in the box for a few days. My last pair were always in the nest. (Bungie is currently ALWAYS in the nest - its not like he wont let her, he will, she just never really goes in anymore)

Should I be worried?

· Registered
6,086 Posts
I'm sure you know this already but it's normal for him to go in first and then invite her in once he feels it's "safe" and ready for her approval. Is he tapping on the box to invite her? From what I understand, he already invited her, she already went in but probably doesn't approve if she's stopped going in. How are her droppings?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.