Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Spike now does the wolf whisle the come here whisle and can say pretty bird and pretty boy. He is too cute and is learning fast for under 4 months old :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there

I'm new to the forum and have asked for advice on another topic (if anyone fancies a look!)

I have a tiel called Chico, male, not sure what breed as I get confused (I think cinnamon). He talks, took him a while but now won't shut up, in fact I have been saying shut up to him from the beginning and it's the one sentence he won't say!! Does he know something???

Anyway, he wolf whistles, another whistle is 3 notes together then 2 up and down, he says, cheeky cheeky chico, cheeky chico, hello, what you doing, going outside, eat your carrot, chooooocho (our dogs name) plus a few others. His talking is very clear and everyone that meets him falls in love.

(My question on the other topic was about his screeching and constant flirting with his shadow or refelection in glass - would another cockatiel in another cage next to him calm him or make him more screechy?? Thanks for any input on other message I posted)

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
update :D today my Mom heard Spike say good boy, what are you doing, I love you and laugh like my Mom does. He also said I love you bird :rolleyes: He mixes up what he knows. I can't believe he can say this already, I brang him home on July 6th :) He is about four months old. He also knows step up,down and fly away (he will flap his wings) Just thought I would give everyone an update. I am too proud of him :p

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Anyway, he wolf whistles, another whistle is 3 notes together then 2 up and down, he says, cheeky cheeky chico, cheeky chico, hello, what you doing, going outside, eat your carrot, chooooocho (our dogs name) plus a few others. His talking is very clear and everyone that meets him falls in love.
:D Chico is so smart! I didn't realise so many males were good talkers, but there seem to be lots here!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts