Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen anything with an attention span as short as Bailee's! :eek: I did a massive clean up of old bird toys and perches today (recycling what could be used in new toys, throwing out the yucky old ones, putting the good ones in the toy box) and at the same time i cleaned the bird cages and rearranged the cockatiel cage. Unlike the budgies, Cookie and Bailee don't jump from perch to perch but rather climb so i figured i could put more things in their cage to make it like a jungle for them. I also switched their plastic food bowls to some metal ones i have which look nicer.

Once i was done arranging their cage i put Cookie and Bailee back in their cage and i have never felt more sorry for Cookie in my life! :p Bailee just couldn't settle on what to do, but he had it in his head that whatever Cookie was doing was probably the best idea. He saw her eating from one food dish, so he pushed her aside and started eating. She moved to the other one so he ran over and took over that one instead. She sat on a perch and played with a beady toy,`but no, Bailee wanted to do that too. Cookie would try to climb away, but Bailee just followed. Eventually she climbed to the lowest perch in the cage and sat there staring up at Bailee looking annoyed. Bailee just kept climbing round and round, stopping for just a few seconds to have a bite to eat, pull at a toy, chew at some paper - it was just unbelievable! I felt tired watching him. :rolleyes:

Now i'm trying to relax on my bed, and all the birds are sitting on the tiel cage chatting about birdy things and being peaceful, but Bailee can't decide who he wants to play with and is going back and forth from the cage, to me, to the cage, to me..... :p For a while he was even trying to make his shadow talk back to him (with no success). I always thought it would be cool to be a bird, but maybe not a brainless one like Bailee - it looks like hard work. :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
awww poor Bailee he is just so overwhelmed he doesn't know what to do ....hehe :p mine don't jump from perch to perch either they climb everywhere they go even if its climbing down on top of each other to get someone out of the way :rolleyes: hmmm maybe its a male thing Ollie does the same thing he will go into anyone's cage and push the girls out of the way to do what they are doing if one of them is eating he will go right over push them off and start eating its like everything has to be his.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
lol- Everytime you write about Bailee it makes me laugh- then I look at the goofball on my shoulder and laugh some more. Maybe Bailee, Ollie and Ziggy are somehow related. I gotta say Ziggy also stalks Baby and even the budgies...they'll be ok..someday.:rolleyes:
PS- you have a toy box too?!

As far as the climbing not jumping thing that sound very normal with tiels. I always though mine were too clumpsy to jump so the always use the cage to move around..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts