Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, Milo had a very bad wing clip when I got him but that is all better now. He finally grew out and is now a partially flighted bird, with me giving him a modified clip. However, he is still a duck butt. He will molt a couple of broken off feathers and grow one or two back, but then they break off because there are no other supporting feathers for them. He is over a year old now, and he is quite pretty, but his tail is shot. Any suggestions? I am beginning to think the only tail he will ever have is the broken feather bits still sticking around.
:grey tiel:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jupiter broke all of her tail feathers while she was learning her new cage when I first got her, hence the nickname of "Chicken". :) They have all grown in just fine, it was touch and go at first because a couple started coming in before the rest and they would get broken and lost, but eventually everything got on the same page and within about 6 months she looked like new. Just enjoy the "duck butt" while you have it, one day it will be gone, and oddly enough you will miss it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Give it time, they'll fix themselves eventually. Phoenix still has a few wonky feathers but he is a fully functional, healthy bird now :D Took us almost 2 years!

9/30/14, total duck butt, butchered wings

10/27/2015, only a few funny feathers

Now fully feathered :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK I guess I will just keep waiting...I admit I do like the duck butt look too. Phoenix looks beautiful. I hope Milo will look as good!
Thanks for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts