Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so my cockatiel is male 7 years old. He does recover from hepatitis, And I did notice that He started to bobbing his tail while breathing. He does this kind of sound when you try to breathe with full nose. But I did checked his nosedrils And there is nothing inside. He normally eats, drink, He is more sleepy than usual. My avian vet did say that his breathing seems normal to him but if I want to He can out him Under anesthesia, but Im worried He can pass away so I wanted to ask if there is different way to check up his respiratory tract. + thanks to the hepatitis he was getting antibiotics. So my question is should I worry? And is there any way to check up on him without anesthesia? He is not coughing, sneezing. He just Bob his tail And does this lil sound.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't have a direct answer to you question, but want to pass on that I have started video recording my birds at home before I take them to the vet. They tend to not exhibit the same symptoms at the vet that they do at home, and the videos have been very helpful. I have one bird who has a had a series of respiratory illnesses/relapses and the only way the vets can see what's going on is from the videos. He appears completely asymptomatic as the vets. He did have cultures done that verified that he had a bacterial infection that cleared up after treatment, so the videos were capturing a real issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts