Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on facebook looking at bird buy/sell pages looking for a big gym (those pet shop ones don't last long with my flock lol) there was a lady calling out for someone who could give two rescue cockatiels forever home. There was plenty of "sold" "NIL" and so forth. I commented saying I hope the beautiful birds find a wonderful home and mentioned how I had just rescued a bird myself a few weeks back... I then got a message from her.
She explained how she would not give them to the first person who wrote "sold" and told me all about their story, they were in a "sort of aviary" and the original owners were going to "get rid of them" because of their bald spots, they actually thought it was a disease! so she took them on. we chatted over messenger for a while and she offered them to me, of course I couldn't say no!
So now they are in a large cage waiting out quarantine, then they will be going into my non breeding aviary with my other rescue
Here are a few pictures of my first rescue who was neglected and is waiting for his wings to re-grow before he can go in the aviary and the new two arrivals in their transport cage

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Good on you! :thumbu: They look very sweet. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must say I have a very noisy house at the moment and not a corner of it it empty. it's been fun finding places for them during quarantine as I also got two new budgies a few days ago haha. but once all their quarantine is over everyone will be in their right places and things will settle down.. Sunny the lutino seems to be more scared of me than little Spike, he seems to be more interested in me than scared which is a good start :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Ah their cute I am looking to Adopt/Rehome a cockatiel Rocko seemed very happy when we went to the petstore where hes from to see the cockatiels it was hard getting him to leave I really want a friend for him also I never knew there was bird buy/sell pages on Facebook. Your birds are very nice

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Cassie you are amazing! Congrats on the two new additions to your flock They are lovely ! Hope they bring a lot of happiness into youf life ! Hugs and kisses from Brazil X x Teresa

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hehe things must be lively at your house with these little guys! Thank you for taking them on, it takes a special kind of person to do that. Best of luck with your flock. They have a great mom, I hope they did something nice for you on Mother's Day! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts