Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this morning I brought Sunny to my dad's so he can look after her while I'm away next week. We lived there before I got married so it was a familiar environment for her and my dad adores her so I am not worried. However, I am missing her like crazy right now! Suddenly I feel so lonely. There is no Sunny there to bug me, scratch up my arms, poop on my stuff, chew up my things, or put her beak in everything I'm eating. There is also no Sunny there to cuddle up against me, coo like a pigeon, no Sunny preening on my shoulder...oh I miss her. She has become such a part of me that it is very hard for us to be apart now! :cry: Please hold my hand (via cyberspace :p ), give me cyber pats on the back and tell me things like "don't worry, everything will be alright, you will be with Sunny again in no time"? I'd really appreciate it. :(

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
This is why the hubby and I have not been away since the fids arrived into our lives . But I understand that sometimes you must go and I wish we had somebody like you Dad to look after them . Enjoy your trip Annie Dont worry youll be alright Pats on your shoulder. X x Teresa

·
Registered
786 Posts
Sending you lots of feel better pats on your back, and a feel better hug. I do know how you are feeling, only my sweet JoJo died on April 16th...I miss him like a part of me is missing.
Don't worry, the week will pass quickly and you will be home with Sunny soon! :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sending you lots of feel better pats on your back, and a feel better hug. I do know how you are feeling, only my sweet JoJo died on April 16th...I miss him like a part of me is missing.
Don't worry, the week will pass quickly and you will be home with Sunny soon! :)
Dear Paula, thank you for your kind words. Just want to pass on my condolences for JoJo. He sure looks very very VERY sweet in the photo! I am very sorry for your loss and I share your pain. I will keep JoJo in my prayers tonight. Take care. :flowers:

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
The struggles of having one bird. I don't get that way because I have several, but I know when I leave town, I am always missing them. I find myself looking at all their videos of them being goofballs and it makes me feel better :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I feel for you ! Maxi sends via the internet a preening session (floofs, lots of fluff) and request for scritches (then a small nibble because it's nearly bed time). So yes you'll soon be with your Sunny again :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Dear Paula, thank you for your kind words. Just want to pass on my condolences for JoJo. He sure looks very very VERY sweet in the photo! I am very sorry for your loss and I share your pain. I will keep JoJo in my prayers tonight. Take care. :flowers:
Thank you Annie, he was a special little boy. :pearl:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I feel your pain. When we went to the UK last fall to see hubby's family, I was away from Joey for nearly three weeks. Mom stayed with him, so he was in his home, with his grandma. I knew he was fine and being spoiled rotten, but I missed my boy. Even getting daily updates, usually several a day, I missed him. We are going away again for nearly 3 weeks this fall, and I am already thinking about how much I will miss him. He will be in his own home again, with his grandma staying with him, but it isn't the same as being with them daily.

I'll be holding your hand, cheering you on, and sending thoughts of "you'll be back with your baby soon!'. Even if I don't take the time to post them daily, I will be thinking them. :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for holding my hand via cyberspace and comforting me with your kind words (and a special thank-you for Maxi's cyber preening sessions and head-scritching offers) :D. It is still hard to cope without my beloved Sunnybee (aka. "Beekins") but I will hang in there. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts