Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
A similar theme like bat bird was suggested, but not everyones birds are acrobats so it could be difficult for some people to enter a photo for that theme.

We are trying to keep it easy for themes at the moment, but that does not mean that themes suggested will be ignored, or not used, I am trying to make sure everyone gets their suggested theme used for each month, but also trying to not re-use themes either.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
A similar theme like bat bird was suggested, but not everyones birds are acrobats so it could be difficult for some people to enter a photo for that theme.

We are trying to keep it easy for themes at the moment, but that does not mean that themes suggested will be ignored, or not used, I am trying to make sure everyone gets their suggested theme used for each month, but also trying to not re-use themes either.
very true :) no pressure! you do a great job coordinating COTM. wonderful :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
I still like the idea of them eating :p
What about Welcome Home, pics fron when we first got our tiels?
Or New Friends, pics of our birds meeting another bird friend.
I think those could be cute :3

·
Registered
16 Posts
sleepy 'tiels? Mine like to go crazy and land on my head ever so often so some "headshots" would be funny. 'tiels and their owners? :]

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
A Suggestion

That's true, Renae, some themes can be tricky because not all tiels do the same things.
So, I was thinking, why not having themes that leave a bit more room for interpretation? For example something like "Your Tiel and Water". While not every tiel likes to bathe I am sure every single one of them does something related to water, and every member can actually work around the theme title as he/she is more comfortable with.
We judge (at least I do) based on cuteness, photo crispness, stuff like that; surely not based on prowess! So a tiel looking at his reflexion on a pool or drinking in a funny way is as good for me as a tiel enjoying some water acrobatics.
This water thing is just an example, not a theme I am suggesting. But maybe a bit more flexibility can still be inspiring for everyone, including those whose birds are not super-tame.
I am not criticizing the amazing job you do coordinating the COTM, actually I think this way you would have less of a daunting job choosing every month something that can be accessible to everyone!

·
Registered
283 Posts
What about Thats my plate not yours :D Im sure everyones tiels have gotten into their plates at one time or another hehe
I love this idea. Jub CONSTANTLY steals my food! :p How about we make it more general though: "That's mine not yours". Sometimes Jub will steal the bills off the table and start chewing, and i have too run across the room to shoo him away :p

141 - 160 of 184 Posts