Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve come across my first ever stunted baby and I’ve been successfully breeding cockatiels for 3/4 years. The baby is now 8 weeks old and isn’t far behind her older brother now. She just has shorter feathers than him. BUT I think she might have something wrong with her brain? She’s doesn’t fly much but she can and she wiggles he wings around a lot expecially if she’s climbing so still a little wobbly. What I’ve noticed is she will literally just walk off the end of things! My hand, the work tops, top of the cage. She’s not blind as she flies to me. She also doesn’t groom her self as much as her brother even after a bath. Just wondering if anyone else has successfully raised stunted babies and what were the outcomes? Did they live long healthy lives? Did they end up with many health problems? Did they have anything similar? Thank in advanced!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey sorry I’ve only just checked for replies! I will try to get a video tomorrow. Here is a couple of pictures. I’ve noticed she eats a lot through the day way more than her brother but she is quite skinny. Her poops are fine tho. It’s very confusing!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts