Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who know my flock, know that Ozzie does not usually get along with Missy and I even made the decision to go as far as giving him a light clip to keep him from harassing and chasing her during out of cage time.

We recently moved our bedroom downstairs to the larger finished room in the basement; so now, the birds have our old bedroom to themselves. Ever since this change, Ozzie has been much more behaved around Missy and is not yelling as the mere sound of her walking in her cage and is behaving well during out of cage time together.

With our furniture, the beds, and the flight cage, the room was a bit crowded. Now that we've moved everything, the room seems larger and brighter. I wonder if the possible feeling of being crowded could have been a stress trigger for Ozzie? Is that possible?

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
A change of scenery can calm them down a lot too. That's great to hear that Ozzie has quit his naughty behaviour. :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Unfamiliar places have a way of putting them on their best behaviours because they're not 100% certain. I think it's more likely that they are acting better now because it's new and interesting/unfamiliar but it being less crowded is probably appreciated too!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! I thought it might be likely, but wasn't completely sure. He hasn't been back to his old, naughty antics - he will squawk at her if he doesn't like her getting too close, but at least he's not purposely seeking her out to harass her anymore!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts