Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to give cockatiels Strawberry water not to give all the time just every once in a while he likes it.The brand is Volvic.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
No, it's not ok.

Volvic Natural Mineral Water (99.8%), Acid (Citric Acid), Natural Strawberry Flavouring with other Natural Flavourings, Preservative (Potassium Benzoate), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K)

The bolded ingredients are carcinogenic when combined, and the rest, except the water, are just junk.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it's not ok.

Volvic Natural Mineral Water (99.8%), Acid (Citric Acid), Natural Strawberry Flavouring with other Natural Flavourings, Preservative (Potassium Benzoate), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame K)

The bolded ingredients are carcinogenic when combined, and the rest, except the water, are just junk.
Thanks for telling me I never knew that I thought it was healthy lol thanks anyway I wont give it to him anymore is apple juice ok as a treat.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Couple of sips here and there won't kill him but it does have too much sugar, so not too often.

With the ingredients being 100% apple juice not from concentrate, anything else don't give it to him.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couple of sips here and there won't kill him but it does have too much sugar, so not too often.

With the ingredients being 100% apple juice not from concentrate, anything else don't give it to him.
Ok its 100% apple juice I tried giving it to him before he didnt seem interested ill try put it in his bowl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts