Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! so i haven't been on a lot; but something today that i saw my birds doing sparked my memory, so i decided to ask you all here.
i was in my bird room re-arranging Mocha's ( young cockatiel) cage toys, when i hear cheeping from my older bird Carusoe's cage.
now Carusoe, Skye and Beijing (Skye and Beijing are both male budgie's) have all gotten pretty close; Carusoe let's them in his cage and eat his food, and even sometimes preen his head feathers; which i think is strange because he could care less about me and Mocha (i'm not quite positive on carusoe being a boy; so please just bare with me here)
so i heard this cheeping noise coming from his cage, and i turn around to see my budgie, Skye, regurgitating what looked like his breakfast into carusoe's beak. he did this two or three times, and every time carusoe cheeped like a newborn cockatiel!!
i'm not quite sure what too think of this; should i take caution, or is it just a friendly bonding thing amongst species?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
It sounds like your budgie and cockatiel are bonded. That's not uncommon, but it doesn't get any results either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, yeah i didn't think it would. but i also didn't want anything bad too happen...but it was VERY strange! considering he let's the budgie's like feed, and give him "scritches" when he would rather bite my finger off, than let me pet him

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Wow that is cute...not seen very often in tiels, but apparently your budgie is very much in love with him!

·
Registered
174 Posts
How sweet, one of my budgies Benny wishes she was a tiel she leaves my other budgies and sits in the middle of my tiels looking up at them as if to say hey guys what shall we do today but my tiels dont like her

1 - 5 of 5 Posts