Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walter, my older rescue still doesn't have a great appetite. It's better than it was but still not where it should be. We go back to the vet on the 9th. He's eating millet and picking at seeds (a nutricious blend with extra vitamins and minerals.) He's also eating lettuce, his favourite. He's still not interested in pellets, soak and feed blends etc. He has gained 9grams since he initially became sick but he's still very underweight. Should I keep hand feeding him at least until we see the vet again?
Here is my initial post. http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=123706

·
Registered
786 Posts
Have you tried Nutriberries? My baby Milo, wasn't eating too well at first, and I had heard about Nutriberries here, so I tried them. I crumble them up and now Milo just goes after them like crazy. They are part seed, part fruit and part pellets. If I were you I would feed him by hand or any other way until he starts eating better. Does he like scrambled egg? Mine love it too. Anyway those are my suggestions, I do hope he starts eating better. I will say a little prayer that he does. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far he's not fond of scrambled eggs but I've been continuing trying. I make them twice a week. I do have Nutriberries and I actually just ground up a whole bunch tonight (to save me from doing one at a time between my fingers) so I'll try them tomorrow. Cross your fingers and toes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts