Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Tidymix sprouting mix for my birbs, and I want to know how people do their sprouts. I was told that you had to rinse them (when dry), soak them in either boiling or warm water - depended on the site - for either 24 or 12 hours, then rinse and keep rinsing frequently to keep off bacteria. Does that sound about right? I have a sprouting jar for human-grade sprouts, though I'm not entirely happy with it and might upgrade to a better one.

Any suggestions on making sprouts better/more nutricious and recommendations for sprouters REALLY appreciated! Younger Birb is a FIEND for sprouts, she will eat them and ignore her seed in favour of stuffing her face with sprouts (which is kind of funny; her breeder says he can't get his birds to eat them! I think she watched Older Birb have a few sprouts and copied her). Older birb likes her sprouts to nibble but is nowhere near the sprout glutton Younger Birb is

·
Registered
558 Posts
I can't give you any info on sprouts but I'll tell you something that's just as good and that's broccoli! Mine love it and it's very good for them. Even the Sun conures like it!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes, they get their brocolli! Plus carrots and spinach, what other veggies do you recommend?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts