Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birds are super messy and throw perfectly good seeds all over the place. When I clean the cage, I usually spray the bottom with all their seeds out into the dirt. I started a winter garden recently with some good soil and all those birds seeds have taken over the garden XD so the birds get to have fresh sprouts for breakfast each day. lol

·
Registered
786 Posts
Milo is a messy bird also, but for the most part its kept inside the cage. However, when he is eating his breakfast in my lap, which he loves to do, the sprouts go everywhere, including my hair! Silly birds!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Birds are so wasteful XD
The outside wild birds are happy though, since they get to eat all the seeds mine refuse to eat. :mauve linnie::):mauve linnie::):mauve linnie:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Consider sprouting for your own birds as well :) It is highly nutritious and easy. I wouldnt use what you have thrown out though, the wild birds and the ground can harbor dangerous bacteria, viruses, and parasites.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't had problems with birds being around the garden area. I change the soil each year so it's pretty clean. :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
I just got a sprouted lentil mix today Tiko is already enjoying them and I gave the tiels and Rio some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts