Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This cockatiel and budgie who would like to remain anonymous LOVE their morning sprouts. :) A certain female WF who will also go unnamed is also addicted but I didn't get photos of her diving into her sprouts this morning. ;)

Also, Ozzie has already started in on the manu mineral block that I got from MSBS! He was going at it earlier and cleaning his beak on it after eating his sprouts. The only thing is I wish it was natural colored - it's pink and I'm just waiting to find a cockatiel or budgie with pink feathers. :'D

They've also gotten up the courage to try out the Harrison's pellets and they love them! Thank goodness! :'D I'd ordered two 1lb bags and was going to cry if they didn't like them. :lol:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Isn't it nice to see them love something so healthy? Milo just adores his, the only thing is he likes to come up and give me a big kiss with his dirty little beak after eating his sprouts >.<
I guess we'll have to start a new club- sprout addicts anonymous! :grey tiel:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Your sprouts look good. I made a batch this week. Which seed mix do you use? Finding good sprouting seeds is not easy.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
:( you guys have such healthy birds and well Loki is starting to eat veg but Rocko wont and I even made the broccoli look like little seeds but Loki ate it all Rocko just went for the seeds hes such a seed Junkie and overall I feel like they dont even have a good diet they get Veg in the morning Loki is eating it all because Rocko wont and then later on they get seed and im still waiting for the petshop to get the pellets back in they said they might not be selling the cockatiel ones anymore :(

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Your sprouts look good. I made a batch this week. Which seed mix do you use? Finding good sprouting seeds is not easy.
I actually used a canary mix I found at one of the local pet stores. I'm not sure of the brand since they were unmarked in bulk bins, but I could fin out the next time I'm by there!

I also bought a Higgins sprouting mix that we'll be trying soon. :)

:( you guys have such healthy birds and well Loki is starting to eat veg but Rocko wont and I even made the broccoli look like little seeds but Loki ate it all Rocko just went for the seeds hes such a seed Junkie and overall I feel like they dont even have a good diet they get Veg in the morning Loki is eating it all because Rocko wont and then later on they get seed and im still waiting for the petshop to get the pellets back in they said they might not be selling the cockatiel ones anymore :(
You might try sprouts if you haven't already! I give them to my birds juuuust as you see the root peeking out. They still look like seeds, and therefore don't seem as foreign to seed junkies - until they taste it. ;) Most birds are crazy about sprouts. :)
Is it possible for you to order your birds' pellets online? And I wouldn't worry too much about Rocko not eating his veggies! Some birds just take more patience than others at trying new things. Try serving them in different ways - grate them, dice them, etc. Get creative. :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That's great! Yum! They are so cute, and that bowl is cute too! :D

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
I actually used a canary mix I found at one of the local pet stores. I'm not sure of the brand since they were unmarked in bulk bins, but I could fin out the next time I'm by there!

I also bought a Higgins sprouting mix that we'll be trying soon. :)

You might try sprouts if you haven't already! I give them to my birds juuuust as you see the root peeking out. They still look like seeds, and therefore don't seem as foreign to seed junkies - until they taste it. ;) Most birds are crazy about sprouts. :)
Is it possible for you to order your birds' pellets online? And I wouldn't worry too much about Rocko not eating his veggies! Some birds just take more patience than others at trying new things. Try serving them in different ways - grate them, dice them, etc. Get creative. :)
I tried sprouting but it didnt work out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
yup, now my tiel is addicted too. Dirty face and all with roots hanging off his lower jaw, face all full of the outer shells and if he could smile, I think he'd grin like a silly bird.
Got that darn easy sprouter cup and man...that thing works amazing!
We do need a club...Francis is def. addicted like yours! Cute photos!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
yup, now my tiel is addicted too. Dirty face and all with roots hanging off his lower jaw, face all full of the outer shells and if he could smile, I think he'd grin like a silly bird.
Got that darn easy sprouter cup and man...that thing works amazing!
We do need a club...Francis is def. addicted like yours! Cute photos!
Parrots do smile lol

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts