Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked alot of people this question and pretty much everyone gave me the same answer. Until now I though Baby was a normal grey hen but apparently she's split for pearl? She has alot of yellow markings on her chest and therefore she cannot be just a gray...:confused: I asked alot of people that show tiels and they said the same..I guess it's true? Anyone?

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I don't think split for pearl shows (not the way split for pied does for example). To me the markings on her belly just look like her "stripey pants" extend up higher...Cookie has some markings like that, but they don't come up so high.

·
Registered
581 Posts
hehe... Well!

1) First off... females can't be split to pearl
2) Secondly, pearl cannot be visualy seen if split (in males)
3) Your stunning Baby is a normal grey, you were correct :)

Now, im sorry to say, but these poeple who SHOW their tiels and don't know this... really need to re-think what they are doing :rolleyes: haha. Im not being mean, i just don't know how someone that serious doesn't know anything about simple genetics, that's all..

Oh well, shes a gorgeous normal grey!

Kirby :)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hehe... Well!

1) First off... females can't be split to pearl
2) Secondly, pearl cannot be visualy seen if split (in males)
3) Your stunning Baby is a normal grey, you were correct :)

Now, im sorry to say, but these poeple who SHOW their tiels and don't know this... really need to re-think what they are doing :rolleyes: haha. Im not being mean, i just don't know how someone that serious doesn't know anything about simple genetics, that's all..

Oh well, shes a gorgeous normal grey!

Kirby :)
Thanks. I knew it couldn't be right but they kept telling me grey's should not have any peral markings (the yellow) on their breast and that is should be one color...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts