Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She started emptying her crop all of a sudden. Settled now, no signs of weakness or tail waggling. I can't say if its a sickness or it just happened. No signs of head tilting or coloration in droppings.

No active Avian Vets nearby, Since I cant find if its a sickness medication might be a bad idea. Any idea on home remedies for sour crop, without drastic effects, more like preventive ones?

If its not a sickness, then should I try feeding liquid food for sometime instead of her millets?

Hopefully She'll be alright. Id be grateful for any amount of help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She started emptying her crop all of a sudden. Settled now, no signs of weakness or tail waggling. I can't say if its a sickness or it just happened. No signs of head tilting or coloration in droppings.

No active Avian Vets nearby, Since I cant find if its a sickness medication might be a bad idea. Any idea on home remedies for sour crop, without drastic effects, more like preventive ones?

If its not a sickness, then should I try feeding liquid food for sometime instead of her millets?

Hopefully She'll be alright. Id be grateful for any amount of help.
Update: She's showing pruning activity and stuff, bright healthy signs, Now im more worried about

1. Should I feed liquid food for sometime?

2. Should I take preventive measures against sour crop with home remedies? If yes, which ones?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My bird is going through the same thing. Best bet should be taking her to the vet as they can prescribe antifungal or antibacterial based on the disease. Sometimes adding a tiny bit of acv to water can help but just keep her warm and yeah liquid food for a bit should help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts