Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She started emptying her crop all of a sudden. Settled now, no signs of weakness or tail waggling. I can't say if its a sickness or it just happened. No signs of head tilting or coloration in droppings.

No active Avian Vets nearby, Since I cant find if its a sickness medication might be a bad idea. Any idea on home remedies for sour crop, without drastic effects, more like preventive ones?

If its not a sickness, then should I try feeding liquid food for sometime instead of her millets?

Hopefully She'll be alright. Id be grateful for any amount of help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She started emptying her crop all of a sudden. Settled now, no signs of weakness or tail waggling. I can't say if its a sickness or it just happened. No signs of head tilting or coloration in droppings.

No active Avian Vets nearby, Since I cant find if its a sickness medication might be a bad idea. Any idea on home remedies for sour crop, without drastic effects, more like preventive ones?

If its not a sickness, then should I try feeding liquid food for sometime instead of her millets?

Hopefully She'll be alright. Id be grateful for any amount of help.
Update: She's showing pruning activity and stuff, bright healthy signs, Now im more worried about

1. Should I feed liquid food for sometime?

2. Should I take preventive measures against sour crop with home remedies? If yes, which ones?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts