Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my new female cockatiel for about 3 weeks, she has settled in her cage and she’s started accepting seeds from the cage bars. But everyday, she’s SO screechy and sounds pretty much like a horn, always leaving my ears ringing. Im sound-sensitive because I’ve fucked up my ears being in the music industry and having loud music all day, so the only thing that stops her from screaming is covering her cage, since my house doesn’t have separate rooms, there’s no room i can escape to. So i cover her cage during the day, of course for a couple of minutes until she calms down, but when i go to uncover her it is the same. Everyone is just saying this talk quietly and softly and all that but i have been doing that from the day i got her, i have not seen any improvement. I bought her from a pet shop where she was grabbed all the time and she is about s year old. What would you do in my place??

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have my new female cockatiel for about 3 weeks, she has settled in her cage and she’s started accepting seeds from the cage bars. But everyday, she’s SO screechy and sounds pretty much like a horn, always leaving my ears ringing. Im sound-sensitive because I’ve fucked up my ears being in the music industry and having loud music all day, so the only thing that stops her from screaming is covering her cage, since my house doesn’t have separate rooms, there’s no room i can escape to. So i cover her cage during the day, of course for a couple of minutes until she calms down, but when i go to uncover her it is the same. Everyone is just saying this talk quietly and softly and all that but i have been doing that from the day i got her, i have not seen any improvement. I bought her from a pet shop where she was grabbed all the time and she is about s year old. What would you do in my place??
Screaming birds are inevitable no matter what you do, like its unavoidable even if you cover the cage forever. Maybe she is screaming cause she wants to get outside of her cage so i would suggest you let her fly around for an hour or two every day

1 - 2 of 2 Posts