Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about to give up hope about me ever getting my new tiels when I went and checked my "junk" folder and there was an email! I have no idea why it went there and not my inbox but I'm glad I checked there before I delete all my messages . This was our conversation today
Red=Her
Blue=Me

I just wanted to send a quick update on your little cockatiels. The 4 older ones are all weaned and doing great. The youngest one (little albino female) is on two hand feedings a day and should be weaned in about 2 weeks. All are doing great!

I thought you could only send 4 cockatiels in one carrier at a time?I was thinking about getting a couple more shipped with the albino if the most you could only send 4 at a time. Hope to hear from you soon.

Four is the max for that size carrier....we can get a bigger carrier (they cost $35 instead of $25) and get 6 into the bigger carrier.
If you want to get a few more though we can send your older 4 out on Thursday or Friday (whichever works better for you). Then hold the younger albino baby and send her with others when they all wean. If you want to do it this way let me know and we will call and make reservations right now.

I would prefer to do the 4 older ones this week (Friday if possible) .And the lutino whiteface hen with others at a later date. Is that ok? If so I just need instructions on when to pay off the balance payoff and pay for delivery/carrier

So I should be getting them Friday ...

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Finally!!! thats greats news you must be so releaved that you got the email :D couple more days and your babies will be here, hurry up friday!!!! ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I was starting to worry, that I was going to have to wait until next Tuesday because that's usually my day off of work but then I remembered that I had this Friday and Saturday off , hopefully the boss doesn't change it back to Tuesday .

I'm getting 4 this time and then maybe 4 next time so that will make an even 10 tiels and 10 budgies ...for now :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got an email telling me what the balance was and that they would call and make the reservations for Friday. I just have to deposit more money on my Debit Card so I can have the total balance :). But tomorrow is payday so there is no problem at all. Friday seems so far away...

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I hope everything goes smoothly! Your new tiels will be home and happy before you know it. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YAY!! I got a flight date and time already .I've never had to pick anything up from an airport so im not sure what to expect. If anyone has done this before can you tell me how long it usually takes to pick something up from an airport. What can I take as forms of identification? Besides my drivers license that is.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I am not sure where you are located but here I believe you need two forms of id (driver's license, passaport, birth certificate) and then you might have to fill out some paperwork. I would call the airport or airline to find out. Best of luck! I hope you're babies arrive safely to their new home!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I agree with Aly, I would call the airport and ask them what the procedures are for picking up your Cockatiels and what Id you need, its better to go prepared then to forget something and have to leave and come back, good luck :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess I'll call tomorrow and get all the small details sorted out . I still dont even know where the airport is so that's what I'm going to go look for now :).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YES!!! I got them today .We had some minor problems with the person at the airport so we didnt get them until 1 . One of them had dried blood on the wing and after he was flapping around some it started bleeding a little bit more.I'll post pictures soon, I'm trying to check the wing on that one.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
YES!!! I got them today .We had some minor problems with the person at the airport so we didnt get them until 1 . One of them had dried blood on the wing and after he was flapping around some it started bleeding a little bit more.I'll post pictures soon, I'm trying to check the wing on that one.
Thats great news that you got them :) finally!!! maybe with them all in the crate it was bitten by another tiel, I am sure they were scared and confused on the flight, check them all over :) can't wait to see pic's of them :D

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Aww- they were probably scared and flapping around- I agree- give them all a once over and maybe a little bath to clean them up- if there is still bleeding just put some flour on it..hope they are all ok.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I checked every inch on the carrier they were in and there was no blood at all. But I saw the blood on the wings as soon as I got him out but that blood was dry .I didn't think it was bad until he started flapping and some blood got on me and my sister. I washed him off as best as I could the blood has stopped flowing so hopefully it doesn't start again . All other tiels look healthy except one more that looks like it has a bit of dry blood on his wings. The wings look like they were just clipped so I think that's what the blood is from. I hope it's nothing bad...

On a somewhat happier note I have seen all of them eat and drink plenty. They had some veggies with them and I've seen them all eat them . I threw the veggies away now because they were looking a bit old so I'll buy more from them soon.

My whole bird shipping experience went ok except for the lady that was at the front counter. We got there at 12:10 and she said that the flight had not yet arrived and it would be another 15-30 minutes while it landed and they got all the stuff out . At around 12:25 I asked if the flight had arrived yet and she said no and then a couple minutes later she left and we were still waiting . I finally got tired of waiting and was getting a bit mad so I went and asked if they had any idea when the flight was arriving and they said my flight had gotten there at about 12:15. I just thought that lady should have informed us when the flight arrived or at least made sure it the flight hadn't landed before she told us it hadn't landed.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Well i'm glad they're home now. It's a shame that whoever clipped them didn't know to look for blood feathers, it's a good thing the bleeding stopped! :eek: You'll have to post some photos of your newbies. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
*sigh* My mom let my dog in the house and she was curious and went near the tiels cage and they all started flapping and the blood started coming out again... It stopped right away but could losing a little blood at a time kill him? Should I leave the light on for them tonight so they don't get scared at night and hurt themselves while they flap around. I was going to take pics and I got 2 before my batteries died :(. I'm looking for some now .

1 - 20 of 38 Posts