Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Bea your instructions about posting photos they were excellent and so easy to follow. So here are a few photos of Banjo:D
Banjo and his palace- He IS the KING of the CASTLE in our home!:rolleyes:

Banjo as the Christmas Angel December 2006.He was only a few months old then!:) You can see his head and neck were only beginning to turn yellow!

Banjo eating his favourite lentils and peas mix while sitting on the window sill while I wash up!:D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Banjo looks really happy with himself in that last photo, and why wouldn't he be with his humans giving him such tasty food! :p I've just got to say again how much i LOVE that rope toy in his cage, it's just awesome. Has he chewed off any off the beads yet?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No he hasn't chewed any off yet but he is giving them a good go! He is really enjoying the new toy and he likes the rope parts as well. It has been a big success. We have started to make a rafia toy with beads and hopefully will finish it this weekend. So he will have plenty to chew on then !:)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
We have started to make a rafia toy with beads and hopefully will finish it this weekend. So he will have plenty to chew on then !:)
Lucky tiel!! :D I went in search of some raffia at the craft store at the weekend and they didn't have any undyed, only colours which i wasn't sure if they would be safe. Shame. :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I buy one of those dried soup mixes you get at the supermarket. I think this one was the Italian soup mix it has lots of different beans and lentils. Bea put me onto to this type of food for Banjo. I just rinse it out of the packet then boil it for a while until the beans tec are just soft but not soggy as Banjo likes the beans/ peas /lentils to be crunchy not soggy! I put some into a container to use for a few days and then I freeze the extra mix in ice cube trays and then pop them out into a snap lock plastic bag and keep in freezer-ready for a quick dinner for him.:D It is very economical too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts