Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been brought to my attention that I, as an artist, have not posted any of my art on the forum! :eek: So I'm doing that now.

My studio name is Domnijoe Pets and Art. I specialize in Fantasy - mainly dragons- but I do Transformers and stuff, too. I work almost exclusively with watercolour and mixed media (Pencil crayon and ink). Below are some things I did for the month of November last year :)

One of my dragon-dinosaur-bird hybrids

IMG_2297 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Another one of my Dragons:

IMG_2286 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Not my best work, but a cockatiel:

IMG_2201 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

One of my Transformers Pieces. Soundwave with Marvin the Martian :D

IMG_2228 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Aaaand my Silken Windhound attempt, from DeviantART:

untitled_by_vampiric_conure-d96adip by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

So that's it. I also teach water colour workshops at a place that caters to the mentally ill. I often have sketches and pieces that I work on from there :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Nice! I like your style :) watercolour is really fun to work with and gives a cool effect. Keep it up! :thumbu:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I like your style :) watercolour is really fun to work with and gives a cool effect. Keep it up! :thumbu:
**Blushes** Thanks! I might try doing a painting a day for November, which coincides with the Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month), and which most of my friends participate in. Nanowrimo requires participants to write approximately 50 thousand words all November. Because I'm an artist and not a writer, I paint. Fifty paintings. Oy vey, LOL. I don't produce particularly good work when doing that many paintings a month, but it is a good place for ideas to come up and it's good practice :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow! I used to paint in watercolour, but I'm far too much of a control freak to really embrace it! I've never seen watercolours used this way before. It reminds me of 'watercolour' tattoos where they use soft blended shades with hard lines and edges just like this.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Wow! I used to paint in watercolour, but I'm far too much of a control freak to really embrace it!
I am a control freak too and use Derwent watercolour pencils with Pentel Aquash brushes when I want to paint with watercolours (but many of my bird art stuff are actually drawings rather than watercolours). I think they can give control freaks like us a lot of joy.

Nice work, vampiric_conure!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone :blush: !

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am a control freak too and use Derwent watercolour pencils with Pentel Aquash brushes when I want to paint with watercolours (but many of my bird art stuff are actually drawings rather than watercolours). I think they can give control freaks like us a lot of joy.
Ah, thanks for the advice, littletiel! I must give that a try some time.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Love, love, love, your art! Wow, your watercolors hit spot on! Keep up the good work :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awww shucks guys! **Digs her toe in the dirt** Thanks! Yer inflating my ego!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts