Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya
my cockatiel is around 1 and half years old and used to be very friendly and was bonded to me but he's suddenly became almost aggressive? he's only aggressive to me though. he will fly at me all the time and will try to bite me. all I have to do is walk into the room or even just look at him and he will lunge at me and sometimes hit into me. I'm not sure what has triggered this as I've never done anything to scare him or make him angry towards me.
any help will be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey!!! So I need more context, did you get another bird recently? also, your bird can be hormonal, what is their diet, also do you cover them at night? they could be cranky, they need 12 hrs of sleep minimum. Let me know and I would be happy to help. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey!!! So I need more context, did you get another bird recently? also, your bird can be hormonal, what is their diet, also do you cover them at night? they could be cranky, they need 12 hrs of sleep minimum. Let me know and I would be happy to help. :)
hi, no new bird or anything and diet is fine I think you might be right about him not getting enough sleep, I have insomnia so I might wake him up without realising. I will try and make sure he gets enough sleep. thank you for responding :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, no new bird or anything and diet is fine I think you might be right about him not getting enough sleep, I have insomnia so I might wake him up without realising. I will try and make sure he gets enough sleep. thank you for responding :)
Ok! yeah try to cover them if they cant get uninterrupted sleep, they might just be cranky! Let me know If you have any more questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts