Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been keeping one of the old water dishes in the Cockatiel cage because Henry hasn't taken to the water bottle idea. He's VERY set in his ways, and mum was pretty sure that he just wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Which is a little annoying, because I broke the water dish and was going to have to buy a new one.

But! Today I caught the old man happily chugging from the water bottle! It seems that it just kinda clicked today how it works. He was quite pleased with himself and I'm rather impressed and proud of him.

And he's mighty impressed with himself too.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the actual event. I was laying in bed having just woken up and staring at the birds because I couldn't find my clicker for my TV and they usually make good entertainment in that half asleep state. So no camera.

But! I do have pictures of other random things from about an hour ago just before the little featherbutts went to bed. So here they are~

Proud Henry. He's not a huge fan of being in a cage. The only one that enjoys the cage time is Lilith, really.

Cadaver is just.. he's just scary.

He gets this freaky glint of murder in his eyes when I put him in that cage. Poor thing.

Poor camera shy Lilith enjoys being in the cage with lots of stretchies.

And even some playing!

I'm going to try getting a picture of Henry drinking out of the water bottle tomorrow :p

·
Registered
630 Posts
He looks like my Chuck! Congrats on that! Before I had Chuck, my birds only drank from cups. Now except for my newest members, they all learned the bottle!

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Success! I love the pictures. I can't believe how expressive Cadaver is, he really looks angry! And it's so darn cute!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You have some beautiful birds there! Don't you just love their different personalities? Sometimes their looks can be so expressive. :) Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Very pretty birds! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I tried the water bottles with Gibbs and Hetty.. it just didn't work. In fact, I think it made Gibbs a bit mad as they couldn't bathe in it when they wanted and didn't have water accessible. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
He's a very smug fella :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts