Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing my tiel shopping today and found this product http://www.northernparrots.com/pluck-no-more-natural-feather-plucking-remedy-177ml-prod6700/

As some of you may know I'm going to bring home soon a very skittish bird. He obviously doesn't pluck but this thing seems to be full of calming herbs and I'm wondering if it could help him somewhat.

I wouln't spray him with it and I wouln't stop the veggies (which he doesn't eat yet but I'm sure with a bit of imagination and perseverance he will) because I woulnd't be "treating" him for anything, but a bit of the stuff in the water maybe?

Is this worth a try?

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
i wouldnt.

if you want a good calming herb for a skittish bird, get some PURE chamomile tea. give him some of that if he is stressed :) but must be pure, nothing else added. or even feed him the dried chamomile if he will eat it.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'd also look at some brewer's yeast. You can get it from the pharmacy and sprinkle it on his seed. It helps to reduce stress. It even works in humans!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok then I won't get it :D

My tequila has some brewer's yeast a couple of times a week, she loves the stuff for some unknown reason :D

I'll get some pure organic chamomile then! thank you!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Is the brewer's yeast a powder? And do they eat it as is or do you mix it in something?

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
brewer's yeast comes in powdered or flaked. you put it on their food, like millet or seed. i use it, especially when molting :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts