Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to teach Tiki how to take a bath?? Right now I am misting him everyday... he doesn't seem to enjoy it much... only one day a while ago did he look like he enjoyed it.. Mostly when I start to mist him he seems to think it is time to eat... and heads for his food dishes.... or goes to his highest perch.... Do you spose if I put a little water in the kitchen sink and just put him in there he will get use to it?? I would imagine I would have a fight on my hands... anyway a bird trying to escape??

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
None of mine will go in the sink it freaks them out soon as I try to lower them into the sink they try to fly away, I am sure it happens but I don't know of to many tiels that will actually go in and take a bath like that, you could try taking him in the shower with you, a lot of us on here take our tiels in the shower and most seem to enjoy it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats kind of what I tho't.... I have put a dish with water in the bottom of his cage on several occasions, but he doesn't go near it.... I may have to get a shower perch and see if that works... or just keep misting him....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, I had tho't of that as well..... but guess we will keep doing what we are doing.... :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bath time

Mine don't seem to enjoy spritzing every day. Maybe a couple times a week they really get into it. And I play that YouTube Bath Time video and the birds are all chriping. In that video, who ever made it uses a fairly large rather flat tray for their bathing, but they are still being spritzed in the video. How about a large glass pie plate.? Have fun. :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw that video.... looks like they are having fun... Did someone from this forum do that video????

It advertises Cockatiel Talk....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts