Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a Ad someone is giving away a 3 year old male cockatiel with his cage and stand I sent the owner a message saying I would take him so I just have to wait now I hope hes tame lol:clap::yes:

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a picture sent to me heres the baby well hes 3 years old anyone know what mutation he is

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's a pied.
Just pied no other name goes with it hmm is it ok if i have the new bird in the same room as rocko but make kinda like a wall between my bedroom so the new bird dosent pass anything on to rocko

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I can't see his back but he /may/ be split to pearl as well.

And it's really best if you quarantine him in an entirely different room for at least 30 days. Always be sure to wash your hands after handling the new bird before you handle Rocko.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't see his back but he /may/ be split to pearl as well.

And it's really best if you quarantine him in an entirely different room for at least 30 days. Always be sure to wash your hands after handling the new bird before you handle Rocko.
Ok thanks ill find somewhere to put the new bird Quarantine will be very easy for me I wont be tempted to get them out to each other because I want the new bird to be bonded to me first anyways before he gets to Rocko and to make it easier the new bird is already Tame

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is so handsome😃
His owner is sending me a picture of his cage so I will put it up here he is really nice and hes tame his owner also said he has a strong personality what does that mean. And im most likely gonna be taking him this weekend

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Um.. it could be good or bad. It could be he is a bully/attention hog. Or maybe he is a... leader, brave, fearless? I don't know if they would be telling you negative things though right now about him since it could stop you from buying him. So maybe they meant it as a positive thing, you might have to ask them.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Um.. it could be good or bad. It could be he is a bully/attention hog. Or maybe he is a... leader, brave, fearless? I don't know if they would be telling you negative things though right now about him since it could stop you from buying him. So maybe they meant it as a positive thing, you might have to ask them.
The exact words they said was he is tame with a strong personality and im not buying him im adopting him i cant wait

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Oh if he is tame then he is probably more of a fearless 'tiel or something similar. Congratz on adopting him! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts